Friday

Residual Income Stream - Lesson 3

This is lesson 3 of how to build a residual income stream. In this post, I'm going to side track a bit to talk about the 3 things that will help determine whether or not you will generate residual income. Unlike what most people think, you can't just throw up a site and talk about anything you want, then put Adsense on the site and expect to make money. If it were that easy, the fact that 99% of people who try to build residual income online don't make more than a few bucks a month wouldn't be the reality. So here are the 3 things that will help put you in the 1%.

1. Choose the right keywords.

2. Optimize your site with search engine optimization strategies.

3. Get other sites to link to your site using your keywords at the anchor text.

And there you have it. If you do these 3 things correctly, you will be ahead of most people in this internet game. All 3 of these steps are quite simple actually. The thing is that it will take some time, especially the last one. Learning these things really went against what I thought should make a website profitable. My thinking before was a lot like what the majority of people think now.

I used to think if I just made a really cool website, people will come. The reality is that there are thousands of sites out there that are full of great useful content, but have almost no visitors. Just because you build it, it doesn't mean traffic will automatically come.

I used to think I can write about anything and make money as long as you get enough traffic to your site. I now know that the amount of traffic doesn't determine how much money you will make. What will determine that is what kind of traffic you get. Not all traffic is equal.

I used to think if I get a lot of "fans" that kept coming back to my site, I can make a lot of money. Although there are ways to do so, most of those people are just there to be entertained and will never buy anything or click on any ads.

I used to think the best quality sites get put up on the first page of search engines for their keyword. I now know that it's not about quality, it's about links.

I used to think that just getting any links to my site is good enough because they're all the same so it was about quantity. I now know that it's not about quantity, it's about the quality of the links.

I used to think that making a website look good was really important to my success. I now know that it has very little to do with it and I spent way too much time in the past trying to make it look professional.

When it comes to creating a residual income stream online with a website, there were a lot of things I didn't know about. Once I learned the truth about what it really takes and understood how the game is played, I understood why most people fail at making residual income on the internet. Most of the stuff out there that is taught to people are wrong. I guess if enough people say it, it because right, even though it's still wrong (does that make sense?). On top of that, most people don't even look into this sort of thing. They just build and hope.

It's all just a game folks. The ones who know the rules, know how to win the game. The ones that don't, lose. If you want to be above the crowd and dramatically increase your chances of successfully building residual income online, you must learn how to play the game. I must warn you though, once you understand how the game works, you might now like it. I didn't at first. I thought it was unfair. But I guess now that I know, I have an unfair advantage, and soon, you will too.

No comments: